French Onion Soup Mix
This savory mix of flavors will have you thinking you ordered the ‘soup du jour’ at a five star French restaurant. Load each bowl with croutons and melty Gruyère cheese and broil for the perfect presentation. Bon appétit!
Makes 2 Quarts: 8 servings Cook Time: 90 minutes
Contains: Onions, garlic, molasses, brown sugar, cornstarch, parsley, pepper, herbs & spices.
Allergen Info: Gluten-free ingredients. This product is produced on equipment that also handles peanuts, soy, tree nuts, eggs, and wheat.
- 6 cups (48 oz.) beef broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 lb. Gruyere cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups croutons (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Combine contents of soup mix with beef stock and bring to a boil uncovered.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for 30 minutes, then add red wine.
- Portion soup in oven safe bowls. Place croutons and shredded cheese on top and place under broiler until cheese is toasted. Top with grated Parmesan and serve.