The Mexican Home Kitchen
This book includes recipes for stews, soups, and side dishes, along with famous dishes like mole, enchiladas, picadillo, and milanesa, and is rounded out with delicious salsas, drinks, and desserts.
Recreate these favorite comfort foods using inexpensive, easy-to-find ingredients:
- Caldo de Pollo (Mexican chicken soup)
- Tacos de Bistec (steak tacos)
- Carnitas (tender, crispy pork)
- Albondigas (Mexican meatballs)
- Tamales (both savory and sweet)
- Enchiladas (both red and green sauces)
- Mole Poblano (one of the most classic and popular moles)
- Nopales (recipes made with cactus paddles)
- Empanadas (beef and cheese filled)
- Chiles Rellenos (stuffed and fried poblano peppers)
- Pozole (both red and green versions)
- Camarones en Chipotle (deviled shrimp)
- Salsa Taquera (salsa for tacos)
- Pastel de Tres Leches (a luscious and moist cake that’s a Mexican favorite)
- Buñuelos (crispy dough fritters coated in sugar)
- Aguas Frescas (horchata, hibiscus, and tamarind flavors)
- and much more!
Complete with easy-to-follow instructions, beautiful images, and stories from Mexico, along with recipes for making corn and flour tortillas and tips for stocking your pantry, The Mexican Home Kitchen will have you enjoying this delicious cooking right in your own home.