Blue Margarita SHARKtail
In honor of Shark Week, we're mixing up Blue Margarita SHARKtails, and for this recipe... you're going to need a bigger glass! This oversized cocktail is great for sharing, but if you're going to attack it on your own, please drink responsibly and don't drive.
This would be a fun cocktail for any summer party, but especially a pool party with JAWS on a big screen in the background.
Blue Margarita Sharktail
For this recipe you will need:
2.5 oz silver Tequila
1.5 oz Grand Marnier
1.5 - 2 oz Blue Curaçao
10-12 oz. sweet and sour mix
1 - 6 inch "fish bowl" glass vase (I got this one from Michaels)
a plastic shark, approximately 6.5" long (I used this Shark Tub set from Amazon), but you can use any plastic shark (it doesn't even have to fit in the glass, it can stick out - just make sure you wash it thoroughly first)
1. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in the tequila, Grand Marnier, Blue Curaçao, and sweet and sour mix. Shake vigorously to combine and set aside.
2. Place the margarita salt in a shallow dish or plate, large enough to fit the opening of your fish bowl/glass. Use a wedge of lemon or lime to wet the outside rim of the glass and dip it in the margarita salt, coating the rim.
3. Fill a drinking glass with ice and carefully pour it into the fish bowl (trying not to touch the rim).
4. Strain the margarita mix into the glass.
5. Then add your plastic shark and straws (one or two).
6. When serving, pour the grenadine on top of the ice in the glass. The larger the ice cubes, the more it will stay on the surface, but it will still look cool even if it quickly sinks to the bottom - more of a "blood in the water" look.
PS - if you're not mixing this drink in the fish bowl, you can cut the recipe in half for a regular-sized margarita.